- We fund education for students, families, and the broader community. Projects should have an educational value that extends beyond the project or event.
- We fund green initiatives that will have significant benefit to the communities we operate in.
- We initiate/support programs in response to local community needs. Show evidence of collaboration with other community organizations for optimum community impact and value.
Requests NOT Eligible
- Projects incompatible with the values of McDougall Energy
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Organizations designed primarily for lobbying or advocacy
- Individuals and their projects
- Religious organizations for direct religious activities
- Testimonial recognition or honouring dinners
- Private Schools
- Field Trips and Tours
- Conferences or Meetings
These are some questions we consider when evaluating the donation requests:
- To what extent does the organization’s goals align with McDougall Energy's philosophy of mutual self-help and fostering healthly communities?
- To what extent does the organization’s goals align with the values and objectives of McDougall Energy?
- Are employees involved with the group? To what extent?
- Has the organization received support from McDougall Energy in the past? To what end?
- What other organizations are providing support?