Just the Facts
Heating oil is an efficient, clean, cost effective, and safe way to heat your home.
Heating oil ...
- Is non-toxic, contains no carcinogens, and is biodegradable.
- Is non-explosive and will not burn in a liquid state.
- Delivers more heat per unit of energy (therm) than any other fuel. In fact, a gallon of oil delivers 140,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units), while gas delivers only 100,000 BTUs.
- Releases near zero levels of smoke and combustion discharge.
- Produces less than 1/3 of 1% of the total particulate emissions in the US each year. Canada would be similar.